We do a job that lasts, so your problems are in the past!
Sleek Surfaces LLC
Polyurea is a subgroup of polyurethane. It is formed when isocyanates react with water or polyetheramines to create a urea linkage. Like epoxy, it is a 2-part component that mixes resin with a catalyst to cause the curing reaction that makes the material hard.
It is commonly used for spray-on bed liners. Because of its extreme fast cure rate, often times special equipment is needed for application.
Benefits of Polyurea over epoxy
1. 100% UV stable. They will not yellow
2. High abrasion and scratch resistance
3. High tolerance to heat, such as from hot tires
4. It can have a high gloss finish
5. Little to no VOC's
6. High stain and chemical resistance
7. Good flexibility for higher impact resistance
8. Fast turn around. Floors can be done in 1 day. You can drive on it in 24 hours.
These are some great benefits, however with everything there will be a few drawbacks that you will have to consider. Some of the main ones are as follows:
Points to consider when wanting a Polyurea floor
1. Price, Polyurea is more expensive then a standard epoxy
2. Not very user friendly. This will not affect you, however it is one of the reasons why it costs more.
3. While polyurea/ polyaspartic coatings are not affected by water or humidity when fully cured, humidity during installation can cause the coating to dry much more rapidly and should be monitored before installation.
4. Another consideration is that if you are a regular garage mechanic, polyaspartics don't stand up as well to battery acids like epoxy and polyurethanes does. They also can be very slippery when wet. However anti-slip aggregate or chips can be added.
Either way, whatever you decide we will make sure that we help you every step of the way. We will monitor your conditions and make sure that our recommendations will be the best for you and your family. So why not give us a call today and see what SLEEK SURFACES can do for you!
WHAT IS A POLYUREA FLOOR, AND IS IT RIGHT FOR ME?